Here are some tips and tricks to help you if you have a dog that likes to jump up on things or people.
- You can have the dog on a leash and can ask the dog to sit when it starts to jump up.
- You can also put the dog in another room when having guests over.
- If your dog jumps up a lot when you get home from
being gone, try to ignore your dog until it is calm. This will help minimize the jumping.
- Another tip that you can try is throwing treats on to the floor. So that the dog has to go get them and this will distract the dog from jumping.
- Ask the dog to do a sit or a down to redirect the jumping up behavior.
-Always remember to not encourage the jumping at all!